Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome to An Upsideup Life

This is my first blog so please forgive any mistakes. I am no spring chicken. I was born in Guyana, was raised in London, married a Nigerian and now live in Lagos. I have grown up children who keep me young.

I plan to comment on social, lifestyle, fashion and any other issue that crosses my mind. Let me just start with one of my pet peeves - articles that are lifted from foreign newspapers or magazines without considering us or our environment.

I recently read one which advised us to make the final rinse for our hair to be lemon juice if we want to get rid of the oil in our hair. Really? This is definitely not good advice for someone with African hair who lives under an African sun. You will probably end up with a frizzy blond Afro. Oh well ..... I am sure you all have so many examples of this kind of madness. As I see more of them I will post them. Send me your views on this issue.

11 comments:

  1. I beat everyone to it.
    I, is the first to comment
    on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you should submit your blog to nigerianblogawards.com so we know you are a blogger related to Nigeria.



    NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
    IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. I have submitted my blog and I also voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Welcome to Blogsville. I'm pretty new myself but look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...to the world where 'talk' is expressed without restrictions, beinvenido.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,welcome to a whole new world.I think your blog is going to be interesting.expecting a new post soon.
    Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome...looking forward to reading more from u

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maid of Heart - thanks for the welcome. Will check your blog.


    @rethots - Grazie mille.

    @Scribbles- thank you, currently cracking my brain. Its not as easy as it looks. Will check your blog.

    @doll - thank you. Will do my best. Will check your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are glad you have started...hoot hoot!! Looking forward to more lifesyle tips from You

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Issey, Uche - thanks for the hoot, hoot!! Obviously you are night owls!

    ReplyDelete